Have you recently bought a new Keurig Coffee Machine? Not sure how to use it? Don’t worry, we understand that using a Keurig coffee machine for the first time could seem a little confusing but once you have got the hang of it, it is the easiest task in this whole world. Although there are many Keurig models which have different steps to brew a cup of coffee, the basic mechanism remains the same. Read reviews for the best drip coffee brewers on Freshpresso.
Here is how you can brew yourself a good cup of coffee using your Keurig coffee maker in no time at all:
Things you will need:
- Coffee mugs
- Keurig coffee maker
- If this is the first time that you are using your coffee maker then, you would need to remove the adhesive tape from the machine and plug in the cord into a grounded outlet. Mostly the Keurig coffee makers are not for commercial use, so for commercial use checkout commercial espresso makers.
- Now, you need to fill the reservoir with water. For this, you can remove the reservoir from the machine by lifting it up and away and then open its cover to fill in the water. If it doesn’t come with a removable reservoir, then you would need to fill the water directly into the reservoir while it is attached to the coffee machine.
- Make sure that you clean your reservoir by rinsing it with water a few times to ensure that there is no dust or dirt which accumulates inside it.
- Once you have filled the water into the reservoir, place it back inside the machine and make sure it is locked with the help of the lock tabs.
- Once this is done, you would need to start a brew cycle to clean the machine. All you have to do is start the brew and keep a mug beneath the coffee machine spout. Let the water heat up and pour into the mug and then discard this water.
- Now, once the coffee machine is thoroughly cleaned, you can brew your desired cup of coffee. Just choose a coffee flavor and get the K-cup for the same. You can choose from a few sizes. Once you have the desired K-cup, don’t remove the top foil lid. The Keurig machine will make holes in the lid and pass the water through it to brew a cup of coffee.
- So, now just insert the K-cup into the machine’s center and close the lid of the coffee machine. Now, you can press the button which says ‘Ready to brew’ and place your mug or cup on the top of the drip tray. You can choose your desired coffee strength or size.
- Now, all you need to do is wait for your coffee to pour out into your mug. If there is an excess of coffee, it will simply get absorbed by the drip tray.
Note: You can brew a new cup of coffee in just a few minutes but if your coffee machine doesn’t work properly or stops in the middle of a brew, then it would be better to get the customer care to help you out and get the model replaced as soon as possible.